Sunday, January 28, 2018

Shut In 2017!!! FUN TRAIL RUN!!!

My new kicks for the Shut in race this year.  I love this race and  we haven't done it in a few years so when David signed us up I was surprised!  I was waitlisted but was fortunate enough to snag a spot with a few weeks to spare.  I had no expectations for this race.  I had had a big racing season already and needed to start my recovery and rest block but this is my favorite trail run so my coach gave me the OK!  It was a great run, warm and mostly sunny.  I enjoyed the romp in the woods and crossed the finish line in 3 hours, a PR for me on this course.
A nice award for the finish!
David crossing the finish line!  YES!!  He made it.  He has struggled with his running this year but I know he was really proud to finish this very difficult race.

No comments: