Thursday, January 4, 2018

Spring Break 2017 and Margarita's

 This was our Mexican dinner night!  There was a New Mexican restaurant at the resort so we thought we would check it out.  It was OK.  The food was mediocre but the atmosphere was fun and the margarita's were amazing.  There are no tables, just long bars with not enough stools to sit.  After skiing all day, I want to sit down for some table service and take a break.  I especially enjoy the dinners out since I cook so much at home.  It is nice to have someone else prepare, cook, deliver and clean up for meal times. It may be my favorite part of vacation.  Not that I hate cooking, because I really don't...but it is really, really nice to get a break from it once in awhile.
 These were much better than the food.  If you ever go there just get 2 of these and some nachos, then you are set.
 I love how blue the sky is for Spring.  In the winter it is more navy...both are beautiful.
 Starting to do tricks.
 Party of 5
 A great picture of Lucas leading Chloe down one of the steeper and icier section of the run.
 You can see in this picture how some of the ground is peeking through the snow.  It is sad to see it melting away.  In the morning these spots were super tricky to navigate as most of them were solid patches of ice.
 If it is super cold or windy, you will never see a stitch of my skin.  I keep it covered for warmth and vanity.  Still trying to preserve my youthful skin for as long as possible.
 Headed to the back side of the mountain and a few attempts at tree runs.  The snow is still powdery and soft on this section.  Don't worry, Chloe did great!


No comments: