Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Ironman NC 70.3

 Back to Wrightsville Beach for the 70.3.  This is David's favorite 70.3.  I don't know if I have a favorite.  I fall into race mode and they all become the same.  This race was important such that I wanted a qualifying sport to the World Championships in Chattanooga, TN.  I need to finish in the top two or three in my age group to nag a spot....In the meantime I am the support crew for these three as they prepare for their first solo one mile run.  We usually run with them but this time we decided they could do it on their own!
 Chloe is always, and always has been, most helpful with Lucas.
 Hunter coming in with the lead group and looking strong!
 Chloe and Lucas sticking together and headed in for the finish line.
 Another Iron Kids race in the bag!
Having some fun with the hotel parrot.

Why yes, I did it!  I finished second in my age group and second overall for the race.  My friend Gin from GA was the overall winner!  Way to go and look out for me next year in Chattanooga!

No comments: