Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Exploring the marsh

 Down the road a bit from our condo on the North end of the island is a fabulous marsh booming with all sorts of critters.  Lucas LOVED this adventure and was one of our lead explorers.  When I was in college I used to come down here all the time with Abby.  It was a dog beach back then, but since they reconstructed the shoreline to save Shell Island there is no longer a beach, it is only wetlands.
 Treasure number one!
 One of my favorite pictures of these two.  They are both my treasures!
 Number 2!
 And number 3!  All of them had some sort of life in them so this was a catch and release walk only.
 The girls hung in the back.  It was slightly icky and mucky to walk through but once we got used to the mushiness of it all we were great!
 It is so beautiful....
 another treasure of mine
 And another treasure of mine.  Luckiest girl in the world.

 I think spotting and trying to catch the crabs were the highlight of the day for the three amigos.  I am always amazed at how fast those little things are in the water.












No comments: