Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Dollywood 2015!

We have never been to Dollywood.  It is practically in out backyard and we have never been.  David and I aren't theme park people so we kept putting off the trip.  We went this year with the Dawson family and as a celebration of Hunter's 8th birthday.  We will always need to accompany another family to them parks because I don't ride the rides.  I hate them.  I mean, I really, really hate them.  I am scared to death of them so someone else has to ride with my children!
I'm sure Mary is laughing at me about to pass out from fear.  I decided to ride one of the roller coasters.  I have never in my life been on a roller coaster before.
Brian somehow drew the short end of the stick and was stuck with me.  It was seriously a baby coaster and Lucas and Blaine could do it.  Anyway, I survived and it wasn't that bad.  I might have even done it a couple of more times with the boys.  This is about as wild and crazy as I can get on rides tho.

They wanted to ride them all, especially Blaine.  That boy has no fear.  None.

Great picture of two of my loves.  David was a champ and rode all the rides with the boys despite his awful vertigo.  One of the many reasons I love him so much.






Pausing a moment for some pictures.  I was well acquainted with this rock.  I spent many moments waiting around it while all the crazies rode the rides.
Having some delicious monkey bread.
Another ride David took for the team.
Some twisty thing that was safe enough for me to ride!
Swings!

Cuties after the water rides.  Thankfully, it was a nice hot day to enjoy the water rides at the park.  It wasn't crowded at all.  We went towards the end of August after all the public schools had started back for the year.  We didn't have any lines and some rides we could ride over and over again.  One that particularly stands out was the water log flume.  I mustered up the courage to ride it and I think we were on it 5 times in a row.
This was on the bigger coaster, Fire Chaser I think.  At first Hunter and Lucas weren't so sure about it but towards the end of the day they rode it over and over again.  Maybe next time I can attempt this ride.  Don't hold your breath!
There they go!






Daddies can't get unplugged!

More shots of Fire Chaser!
You know it's been a good day when you can't stay awake in the car long enough to get out of the park parking lot!  These boys had a blast and were pooped!
Sweet Hunter slept the whole way home.  I think I even carried him to bed that night!  What a fun summer day.  Dollywood was a great park and I know our family will be returning next summer.

No comments: