Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Happy, Happy 40th to Daddy!

 Love.
 both of these
 cute faces!
 August 3rd!  Daddy's big birthday!  What to do, what to do?  Let's go fishing, fly fishing!  We took the boys down past Damascus to a famous fly fishing spot and spent a wonderful afternoon.  Hunter LOVES to fish and David loves to fish so this was the perfect day for them to work together on their fly fishing skills.  Lucas tried to fish as well but mostly he and I played in the creek and searched for crawdads.  We found some as big as our hands.  It is amazing how much those little things look like lobster and the interesting thing is that they only swim backwards.

 Watching and listening to daddy teach about fly fishing and holding/casting the rod.
 Even Ibis joined us for this trip.  This was a great day for him as well.  He doesn't get to go on as many trips as he did prior to the boys and now that he is getting older it is harder for him to get out and run with David and I.  This trip he ran, he played in the water and he enjoyed being with us.  I am so happy he was able to come.
 Lucas and I searching and creek walking looking for crawdads.


 Waiting patiently for a nibble.
 Looking for treasures

 Creek walking with mommy.  I used to do this kind of stuff all the time as a kid around the house where I grew up.  I am so glad the boys like to do the same thing.  We had a wonderful day with the best daddy in the world!



 Waiting on the fish to bite and looking for the best spot to cast.
 FINALLY!!
 They
 Caught one!



 I think these guys ended up catching at least 3 good size trout.  I know we will be back to this spot soon!
 Happy Birthday!


 Silly family photo!

Yummy birthday cupcakes from Unique cakes.

No comments: