Friday, August 31, 2012

Star wars and Hunter's 5th Birthday Party!

It really is unbelievable that Hunter is 5 years old.  Where does the time go?  As each of my children get older we get busier and the days and years seem to disappear in the blink of an eye.  This year was not exception.  My Hunter is one fabulous kid at 4 and I know he will be a superstar 5 year old!

This year Hunter wanted a Star Wars, The Clone Wars birthday party.  David and I debated and debated on this since he has NEVER even seen a Star Wars movie or even cartoon.  We still aren't sure what sparked the interest, but whatever, we had a Star Wars party.  I mean when you really sit and think about it, what little boy doesn't like monsters, good guys with light sabers, guns and outer space science fiction weird stuff?  We had a great party and all of Hunter's friends were able to help him celebrate.  I would like to give a big THANK YOU to everyone out there that helped make this a wonderful birthday memory for Hunter.


 Hello Yoda!!  This was so cute and a hit of the party!  My mom put this little guy together.  Even the guy who delivered the pizza took a pic of him!  Double score when such a cute prop is super easy to make!!!
 My R2D2 cake.  I will toot my on horn a bit here and say, "Why yes, I did make this cake."  I love doing stuff like this, but it is very time consuming.  Time isn't something I have much of when you have several toddlers running about the house.  Big thanks to my parents and David for watching them so I could get him decorated.  The cake part I made a few days in advance.  I didn't ice him until the day of the party and it took a lot longer than I thought it would.  It was well worth the effort.  Form what I hear the cake looked great and even tasted delicious!  More importantly, Hunter thought it was the coolest cake ever.
 Great, fabulous obstacle course jumper rented for the party.  We brought the little jumper out too, for our smaller company.  We realized this year a bunch of 5 year olds just might bring the little jumper down.  This big one did the trick and the kiddos had a blast.  It was so cute to see all the sweaty heads and rosy cheeks!
 Darth Vadar pinata.  Last year we had a pirate ship that took a sledgehammer to crack open.  This year Darth took a few blows with pool noodle light sabers and cracked like an egg.  What a bummer!!  I tried to make sure everyone got a whack at him, but with about 25 kids and a flimsy piñata who knows.
 I felt like the police!!  I was so afraid someone was going to get knocked out.  I must have screamed...yes screamed at those kiddos to "STAND BACK!!"  It was like talking to an old shoe.
 Getting ready to cut the cake.  Hunter looks a little worn out here.
 So great buddies.  We love our sweet Adam!
 Laser Blaster number one!
Laser blaster number 2!  

Hello Star Wars party!

Rumor is next year he wants Angry Birds!

No comments: