Friday, August 31, 2012

Hiking in Pilot Mountain

When we travel home one of our favorite things to do is take the kids hiking around the knob. They love it and it is great exercise for them.  It has been fun doing this over the years to watch how their confidence grows with climbing rocks and mastering the trail.  It is scary how fast they are growing up. David took the bigger kids one afternoon while Lucas was napping.  These are some great pictures, be sure to note the professional poses from our glam girl!  Hehe...David and I each took them separately on separate occasions and we both mentioned having to tell Chloe, "Okay, we have enough pictures already!"

I really like this one!





This is just too  much!
Okay, this is where my adventure started.  Please note that I braved all 3 kids, solo!  They did a wonderful job and had a great time.  Little Lucas walked the entire way by himself.  He only wanted me to carry him the last section which is up 3-4 flights of big rocky steps.  I was so proud of the little guy...I mean big boy!

Again with the poses, it just makes me laugh!

I don't know if ya'll do the same, but when I take the kids out for any kind of adventure, there must be a time to stop and eat and drink.  Here we were taking a water, gatorade, and goldfish break.


No comments: