Tuesday, June 5, 2012

We are Iron Nuts!!

So, like I mentioned earlier we are trying to get back our racing form!!  The weekend following the Burn 24 David and I completed Abingdon's Iron Nut triathlon.  This is the event's second year and it is a race in progress, but still loads of fun.  David and I won last year so we felt the pressure to do just the same this year.  Well, now that it is officially over I can breathe a sigh of relief that we both won again...with faster times to boot.  This was a sprint tri, a 1/2 mile swim, 18 mile bike and a 5k run at the end.  My parents and sister came up to help with the kids and cheer us on!  Unlike the weekend before, it was CHILLY and I think my toes were frozen when I started the run.

 My good friend Tami and my toughest competition in the tri!!  She was on the Burn team with David and is an excellent athlete.  She has been whipping me into some road biking shape!
 There goes my fish!
 Freezing and waiting for my turn to start.  It was in the 50s that morning...YIKES
 I hope my head is up out of the water looking for the wall to climb out!  Poor form if I am in the middle of a lap.  Who knows, Daddy did a great job taking all these pictures.
 Hunter ran out to hug David on his first lap of the 5K..oh No!
 Finishing up the running portion of the tri.  Chloe was a great inspiration as she chanted each lap I say her, "Go Jaime, I know you can run faster than that!"
 Me and Tami!!
 Champs!


Despite our first place finishes we made some bone head mistakes.  David ended up swimming an extra lap, I think this is only fair since he is part fish anyway, and I ended up running the transition area twice because I went out the wrong way!  Ha, we both got a good laugh about this after the finish.

No comments: