Friday, November 14, 2008

One spunky puppy


You guys might want to sit down to read this. You are not going to believe what our little old Abby did today! She ran with the rest of the family, Hunter, David, Ibis and myself on the Creeper Trail! The weather has been cooler and there is lots of room for the dogs to exercise around here so I thought, why not just take her and see how it goes. I was skeptical she would make it to the start of the trail, but she kept right up and led the way through the woods to the trail access. For those of you who have seen Abby run, it is a bit of a workout. She has to work twice as hard as Ibis to keep up, but she manages. She was really slow so we let her run at her own pace. She actually listens (Ibis doesn't) so we are comfortable with her running without a leash. This way I am not dragging her down the trail. At times she was only a speck of white in the far distance, but it didn't matter she was with us and she was running! All in all she ran a total of about 5 miles. We were on the trail for about an hour, not all of it running, so Hunter could look at the cows, play in the woods and watch the dogs play in the river. It was a great afternoon. I never thought Abby would be able to run with me on the Creeper Trail. I was so happy and excited to have her running again I could have cried! I know she will not be able to run everyday, and probably not at all in the summer...you have to remember she is lazy, but today was a great start to some more trail running for Abby.

No comments: