Thursday, January 15, 2009

I promise Chloe was having a good time!
Christmas morning and Hunter's present from Santa.
Our home on Christmas Eve.
Hunter's gifts from Santa.
Me being cheesy decorating our gingerbread house.
We had to police Hunter and the candy. All he wanted to do was eat it!
Having fun riding the ottoman in the basement!
Painting....Hunter did not like using his hands.

I thought it would be so easy to keep up with my posts every week but boy was I wrong! I hope everyone had a great holiday season and had fun ringing in the new year. We really enjoyed our first Christmas here in Abingdon. Hunter had a blast over the holidays. David and I both thought he would go crazy ripping open presents, but our calm little soul just preferred to sit on mom's lap and watch as we opened presents together. Then, of course, he only wanted to play with that one thing instead of move on to the next gift! It was great and we all had fun. Papa, Gaga, Jenny and Chloe were all up here for Christmas and David was actually off so we all got to spend lots of time together and just enjoy Christmas. Hunter loved having so many people around and especially enjoyed playing (as always) with cousin Chloe. The following Saturday we had Christmas in PM at Granny's house. Once again Hunter calmly sat and opened presents and really enjoyed eating cookies and ice cream. For New Year's we went to the Blakenships and rang in the new year. Our family has been blessed with so many gifts and a wonderful 2008! I know 2009 will be filled with new surprises, adventures and milestones.
It has been really rainy and/or snowy and cold so Hunter and I are having to be pretty creative when it comes to finding things to do. Right now Hunter loves being outdoors and taking walks in the woods behind our house, playing in the car, drawing, reading, playing with his friends on playdates and at preschool and just hanging out with me! His vocabulary only consists of moma and daddy, but he has NO problem getting his point across. David and I are eager to hear his words because we all get a little fustrated at times trying to figure out exactly what he wants.
We are settling back into our routine now that we survived the holiday madness and I must say although I like the snow, I am ready for spring and some warmer weather!

No comments: