Thursday, January 4, 2018

oh the race---Results



There was a race I WON!!!  YIPPPEEEE!!  This was my very first age group WIN.  I was second every time last year.  But I'm on a roll.  Third race this season and my third WIN.  I was super happy and had a great race.

Poor David----he was ready for this race.  He had new disc wheels to try.  He has a new plan that he's been working on with Sonni.  He had a great swim.  But, on the bike, he flatted...not once but twice.  He was one of the last participants off the bike course.  I felt so sorry for him.  I was finishing the race and he hadn't even started the run.  Once again, he is one of the best human beings I know.  He didn't quit.  He didn't care that it was going to take him over 6 hours to finish the race.  He was determined to finish.  And, he did.  What an invaluable lessons to teach our boys.  Things can go wrong, you don't have to win the race, but by George you must finish.

No comments: